X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am having trouble choosing a granite

Will be remodeling my 9x16.5' kitchen. It has 2 large (55x65" each) windows facing east, so it gets lots of natural sunlight. It is also open to my dining and living room which is decorated in a transitional style with blues, dark browns and creams.

I am torn between going with cherry cabinets in a chocolate finish or maple with a rich espresso finish. Appliances will be upgraded to stainless steel.

Any suggestions of what color granite to go with? I'd like the kitchen to "flow" with the colors in the adjacent dining/living rooms. I've looked at hundred's of slabs online and am just confused @ this point. I was considering Light Venetian Gold, Giallo Veneziano, Blue Pearl, Golden Ivory, Sienna Bordeaux or Juprana Alba. Any suggestions on these with cabinet colors???

I have not decided on a floor yet, but am leaning towards some type of cork or wood laminate, and there again I'm confused on what works with what.

Help!!!

I’m leaning towards the cherry cabinets paired with New Venetian Gold. I feel this combination will pick up the style of your home and continue the ‘flow’ of your design elements in the other spaces. Cherry paired with NVG is a timeless and classic choice. I think the maple with an espresso finish is a dramatic and modern look that may clash with your traditional home. I feel the cherry with chocolate finish is a warmer and more appropriate option for your space.

Let me know what you think!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Will be remodeling my 9x16.5' kitchen. It has 2 large (55x65" each) windows facing east, so it gets lots of natural sunlight. It is also open to my dining and living room which is decorated in a transitional style with blues, dark browns and creams.

I am torn between going with cherry cabinets in a chocolate finish or maple with a rich espresso finish. Appliances will be upgraded to stainless steel.

Any suggestions of what color granite to go with? I'd like the kitchen to "flow" with the colors in the adjacent dining/living rooms. I've looked at hundred's of slabs online and am just confused @ this point. I was considering Light Venetian Gold, Giallo Veneziano, Blue Pearl, Golden Ivory, Sienna Bordeaux or Juprana Alba. Any suggestions on these with cabinet colors???

I have not decided on a floor yet, but am leaning towards some type of cork or wood laminate, and there again I'm confused on what works with what.

Help!!!
      Have you visited a granite yard in-person at this point? If you have not done so, this is the first step to take. Since you're undecided which direction to go in for the countertop right now (your possible choices are all over the place in terms of color tone), visiting the yard to look at the full slabs in-person is a great idea to a visionary feel for the design that suits you. You can watch our "Visiting The Stoneyard" video with tips and tricks to make your experience a pleasureful one. Many facilities, such as ours, offer free samples of all our stones for you to take home to see how they look in your kitchen light against the cabinetry. Taking a cabinet door sample with you to put against the slabs is also an excellent idea so you can see how the combination looks right on the spot. After your visit, you should have a clearer idea for what stone best suits your kitchen design. Hope this helps!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      x
      x
      Working...
      X