X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with granite color selection

I have hickory cabinets. They are very good cabinets so I will not be changing them. They have turned a golden hue with darker wood grains through the doors and drawers. I also would rather not change the floor. It is linoleum that has been a great floor and does not appear worn at all. It is a blue with white grout pattern. The grout has a burgandy color swiggle in it around the tile design. There is a small window in the kitchen but natural lighting is limited especially in the winter. I do not want too dark of a color since it should every bit of dust, however, I am unsure if a golden granite will blend in too much and not have enough of a contrast. Can you help me? We saw a yellow river granite slab at a granite store that we liked but we are still unsure. I also saw a typhoon bordeaux that I like but couldn't get a sample at the time. Additionally, what do you think of solaris? Please help us.

Mitch

Mitch,

We have Solarius in our office and it's a rich stone with depth, movement, and lots of golden highlights. Typhoon Bordeaux looks like it would be on a lighter background with less golden tones and this could be a plus to offset and contrast your hickory cabinets. Of course, there are variations between each shipment of natural stone so make sure to look at the full slabs in-person. Another recommendation I feel would look attractive with your design is Siena Bordeaux. Good luck!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    x
    x
    Working...
    X