X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marble for a desk

What is the most durable marble i can use for a desktop? this will be my business desk, i will have a computer on here. is marble really cold to the touch? thank you for the insight you can give me in regard to these inquiries.

LoveToRead,

It's a wonderful idea that you are considering a marble desktop. It's very classy and elegant. My recommendations will come from the 'Danby' family of marbles that are quarried right here in the United States. Take a look at Mountain White Danby and Montclair Danby. These stones have a low porosity and are very durable. The deep veins in these slabs create a timeless look that is quite pleasant to the eye, creating a dreamy feel.

I'm a firm believer that marble is less cold to the touch than granite because it's a 'softer' stone. In general, natural stones such as these absorb heat, so technically they will be room temperature, or close to it. If you keep the office space comfortably heated during the winter months, then the marble will not be unpleasantly cold to the touch. Hope this clears things up!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    x
    x
    Working...
    X