X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Granite for basement kitchenette

We are starting a project to finish our basement and need about 6 ft. Of granite for the kitchenette which will have white or slightly off-white cabinets. My first instinct was to go with black granite for a sleek, modern look. However, I really do love the veins and patterns in granite, but I know it is a small space we are dealing with. Any ideas?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    We are starting a project to finish our basement and need about 6 ft. Of granite for the kitchenette which will have white or slightly off-white cabinets. My first instinct was to go with black granite for a sleek, modern look. However, I really do love the veins and patterns in granite, but I know it is a small space we are dealing with. Any ideas?
    Since you have white cabinets, any shade darker than your cabinet color will provide a level of contrast that is appropriate. Therefore you have a pretty open design plan in regard to your countertop choice. As you've mentioned, dark colors such as Absolute Black, Ubatuba, Imperial Coffee would look very nice and are low maintenance. You can also consider some colors with veining and movement, my recommendations are Jacaranda Wood, Peregrine C, and Amazon Tiger. Hope this helps!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    x
    x
    Working...
    X